IHT is one of those taxes that is not easy to avoid and for most practices it will crop up several times a year.
The course is designed for accountants who are experienced with all the main taxes but regard IHT as a weakness. The course assumes no prior knowledge and guides you through all you need to know to provide good IHT compliance advice for clients.
The course is restricted to about 20 delegates. It aims to cover:
• The charge to IHT
• Exempt transfers
• Potentially exempt transfers
• Tax calculations for chargeable lifetime transfers
• The cumulative basis of IHT
• Business property relief
• The Death Estate
• Gifts with reservation of benefit
• Deeds of variation
• Payment of tax.
• The course is highly practical, includes case studies and is limited to a maximum of 20 to 25 delegates.
• The course is for partners and senior staff but is not suitable for juniors
• Course costs £99 plus VAT
It is presented by Sophie Hill.