Giles Mooney has confirmed his year-end tax update course will cover:
• Entrepreneurs’ relief - the latest traps and developments from recent Finance Acts
• High income child benefit charge confusion
• HMRC errors (wow, could be a 3-hour course alone)
• Insufficient tax and discovery
• Interaction between rent-a-room relief and property allowance
• Landlords – what happens next, transferring to a limited company and other options
• Latest NIC issues including termination
• The latest IR35 cases including status determination statements
• Trivial benefits
• What the PPR relief changes mean in practice
• Plus other topical tax issues (and Giles has confirmed there will be no discussion of that week’s The Apprentice so no spoiler alert needed).
The possible Budget on 6 November
At the time of writing this post the Budget date had been announced as 6 November 2019. Of course, this might not take place or even if it does the delivered contents might never make a Finance Bill that can progress through parliament.
The course will reflect the position at the time. If it is clear the Budget is going to proceed through parliament it will be included in the course. If not the amount of the Budget content will be amended accordingly.
The courses are:
• 26 November 2019 – Kendal – 9.30am to 12.30pm
• 27 November 2019 – York – 9.30am to 12.30pm