The course looks at the issues affecting farmers in 2020. The course will draw its contents from the topics shown below but will reflect topical issues at the time of the course.
- The Brave New World: farming after Brexit
- Current state of international trade and its implication for the agricultural industry
- Current issues and outlook for the main farming sectors: dairy, arable, beef and sheep
- Strategies for short and medium-term success
- Latest information on support frameworks: public money for public goods - what it means in practice now and in future
- Future support regimes
- Inheritance and succession: Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, business structures revisited; other taxation pitfalls
- The continuing role of diversification: key risks and their management
- Specific farming taxation and accountancy issues. Please note the course includes taxation issues but is not a tax course and it will look at a range of issues affecting the rural economy and the accountancy profession.
Taxation of farmers