The course is designed for accountants who are required to prepare group accounts. It is ideal for accountants who have not completed a consolidation since taking their professional exams through to those with considerable group accounts experience looking for a refresher. The course starts from the very basics of preparing a consolidated set of financial statements. It includes coverage of the journal entries you will need to perform and consider.
The course will use a case study to demonstrate the key issues you must know in preparing group accounts.
The course will draw its contents from:
- Background to group accounts
- Basic principles
- Which groups do and which do not need to prepare group accounts
- Companies Act requirements
- Difference between merger and acquisition accounting
- Review of disclosure requirements
- How to prepare group accounts
- Problem areas in completing group accounts
- Profit and loss accounts
- Balance sheets
- Impact of FRS 102
- The course includes coverage of the audit implications