The course is an update and refresher on the Solicitors' Accounts Rules and covers all changes made to the rules. The course covers:
- The latest versions of the Solicitors' Accounts Rules required by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority
- The rules and regulations
- Reporting breaches of the rules
- Audit testing
- Testing during the accounting period
- Overdrawn client accounts: the implications and the actions required
- Errors and mistakes
- Mistakes you must report
- Mistakes you do not have to report
- Books of account
- Authorisation of transactions.
This is an update course which assumes prior knowledge of Solicitors’ accounts rules and is not suitable for junior staff. An Introduction course to the Solicitors' accounts rules is held in Wilmslow.