The VAT rules that affect clients trading overseas are complex, full of pitfalls and difficult to apply. The course explains, in detail, the VAT rules that affect General Practice clients. The course covers:
- What is the place of supply?
- The key difference between services and goods
- Import / acquisition of goods and services
- Exports to EU
- Selling to non-VAT registered persons in EU / Is it B2B or B2C?
- Intra stat
- EC sales lists
- How to get distance selling correct
- The MOSS regime
- Problem areas
- The penalty regime for errors
- VAT 101
- Common admin errors
- Refunds of VAT incurred in EU countries
- Movement of own goods
- Changes brought about by leaving the EU
- Trading with non-EU countries
The course will reflect the changes in legislation as a result of leaving the EU.