This course is an update on the tax issues affecting small and medium-sized companies. The contents will be drawn from:
- Budget and legislation changes
- Company tax update
- Review of capital allowances
- Self-assessment and MTD for companies
- Best techniques for extracting profits
- Company tax planning
- Use of corporate tax losses
- Allowable expenditure
- Incorporation and disincorporation issues
- Budget and Finance Act changes.
The exact contents are set about four weeks before the course date and will be shown here when available.
Dean Wootten's course in September will cover:
- Is a company the best trading format?
- Changes to capital allowances
- Practical issues when changing a company’s accounting date
- Current best practice on the dividend vs bonus vs pension split
- Alphabet shares what still works
- Keeping income below £100000
- Company pension contributions
- Utilising the trivial benefits exemption
- Car benefit changes for 2019 to 2021
- Should your client be a director or consultant?
- Leased cars and fuel payments
- Review and update on overdrawn director’s loans
- IR35 update
- Director’s loans in credit
- VAT and the construction industry reverse charge
- Other topical tax issues